Administration Salaried Exempt
Business Unit Manager
Responsible for all aspects of quoting; includes validation of customer requirements and direct contact with customer on questions and specifications; coordinating as necessary with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality; responsible for monitoring profitability.
• Receiving and reviewing RFQ data, coordinating with clerical support
• Interpret blueprints and customer specifications to determine efficient means to manufacture parts, coordinating with Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance Managers.
• Obtain material and outside process costs as needed, LTA’s and material requirements to obtain lowest costs. Coordinates with Purchasing Manager for any exceptions or unusual requirements.
• Calculate costs and establish pricing, consider competitive data, specific customer specifications and history.
• Responsible for maintaining quotation activity
• Evaluation of competitive data and exercise appropriate judgment in bid review process
• Direct liaison with customer on all aspects of quoting, i.e. questions, clarification, specifications, tolerances, inspection, special tooling, special gauging etc.
• Review of new orders for repeat manufacturing of parts to determine costing issues, including submission of new quote and follow-up with customer coordinating same with Customer Service personnel.
• Coordinate with customer and processor any revisions due to ECN’s.
• Responsible to adhere to the company Quality Policy and to understand and follow all applicable Quality Work Instructions and Procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate
• Keyboarding skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Manufacturing experience including knowledge of metal cutting equipment and machinability of various materials
• Job costing familiarity
• Familiar with turning, milling, drilling, tapping, broaching and grinding equipment
• Ability to follow through and meet customer deadlines
• Good multi-tasking abilities
• On-going familiarization with manufacturing changes, new tool technology
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Working conditions are normal for both the administrative and manufacturing environment. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to safety glasses and gloves. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted in manufacturing. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.